Recipe: The Perfect Strawberry Cocktail
As summer approaches, so does the strawberry season! Impress your friends and family with a sweet and delicious strawberry cocktail at your next event. This drink is like sipping summer in a glass. Featuring strawberry and a note of mint, this cocktail can also be made into a mocktail for everyone to enjoy! This recipe is easy to follow and will take you approximately 5 minutes to craft and serves 2.
Before we get started, here are some quick tips and substitutions you can incorporate into your summer strawberry cocktail.
- As strawberries are at their peak in the summer, we would advise you to use the freshest, ripest strawberries you can find. Head to your local farmers market or grocery store to grab this star ingredient. If you are in a pinch, lightly defrost frozen strawberries before muddling.
- The splash of sparkling wine in this recipe makes it extra refreshing. We would recommend using prosecco but you can select another sparking wine of your choice or even club soda instead.
- Easily turn this delicious drink into a mocktail with a flavored, non-alcoholic sparkling wine or club soda for everyone to enjoy.
- Use the blunt end of the muddler to gently press your mint and the toothed end for your strawberries to release its flavors. If you do not have access to a muddler, use the end of a wooden spoon instead.
- You may choose to strain the strawberry mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to eliminate extra pulp from muddling. This is a great option if you would like your cocktail nice and smooth.
Now onto the recipe! Let’s muddle, measure, shake and pour!
Place strawberries in a cocktail shaker and muddle. Add basil and gently muddle again.
2. Mix Ingredients
Add ice to the shaker along with vodka, elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Cover and shake for at least 30 seconds.
3. Add Sparkling Wine
Strain the cocktail into the glasses and gently stir to combine. Top with Prosecco to serve.
Garnish with a fresh strawberry and/or basil leaves, if desired.
And you're done! Enjoy the warm weather this summer with this easy and delicious cocktail.
This recipe is inspired by the article VODKA STRAWBERRY COCKTAILS from Garnish with Lemon.
Shop the story